Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Python, mother foo-er, do you speak it?

Welcome to your nightmare.

Nightmare? Well, nothing's easy, lemme tell you. And to make the dreams come true you gotta face your nightmare. And, baby, am I ever giving you the easiest nightmare you ever had.

If we're gonna write 4 programs, let's start with something that's gonna put us on the first step of Vader-power programming we first discussed. There's a big debate going on between PERL and PYTHON. Now, good friend, you follow my advice. We're going to start with PYTHON - not Java, not C+, not Scooby Doo - no, just Python. And why? Because we got the resources, baby. PERL is the "Swiss-Army Chainsaw," meaning you can anything with it, but you gotta concentrate through the noise. So we're gonna take the more elegant alternative. FYI, Google was first written in Python, so stop your belly-achin'.

And, did I mention that our course is through M.I.T.? Oh, didn't? And it's free?

That's what I thought. Check out these two links. Talk with me about anything regarding your studies. I'll be right here to help you through.

MIT 6.00 Opencourseware.


Curious Reef Resources for MIT 6.00

Don't thank me. Thank our good friend and ninja-ku programmer Ryan Horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment