Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trajectory

So, where be we? Thank God for the official Blogger app...

The point being, I actually don't have time to sit in front of a keyboard. It's children and earning, though if you don't know yet you will.

It's education and preparation, and how your life never seems quite like your own if you've never seriously undertaken either.

It's me catching up with my decisions, and it's appreciating what hard work really is, now that I don't have a choice.

So, following that thought, reading Knuth and going about this all orderly-like doesn't pan out. But, as luck would have it, it's turning out quite fine.

I've forced myself to stick to the command line for everything these last few months. I've forced myself to stick to Emacs when notepad would suffice. What a difference those two decisions have made.

Necessity dictates that I had to abandon fumbling down those paths that would not make me money, and so it has been about Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP again. I built a site for my company on this platform, and after enough time reading the reference books and Googleing to check up on every step, it's finally paying off.

The interesting thing is you learn about the constant basics of programming: functions, variables, objects, statements, conditionals . . . And then it starts to make a deep kind of sense. And there is this wonderful thing called Boolean logic that starts to pop up at the edges of your thought . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment